Saturday, 28 June 2014

Tim's tag for June

I know, absent for ages! My eye has healed nicely now and I have been knitting and sewing which I will blog later, but just in time for Tim's tag for June which you can see here  and I love the stencilling technique he has shown us this month. I thought I would try for a summer version and knew I had some little metal flip flops in my stash that would go well, took me ages to find them tho'! 

I used his dot fade stencil and Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn DI using his taught method. Then I used the Mini Blueprint 6 set for the pop bottle and ice-cream cone which I layered up. Then the Lime Soda cap  and flip flops seemed to go just right with the sentiment on the side. Love this one Tim, can see me using the stencils for all sorts of backgrounds!
Sorry to my dear bogging friends for my absence in leaving comments, hopefully I will get into the rhythm now! See you soon, x.

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

A Vintage Journey. challenge 7 - Get Some Texture.

Hi peeps. Feeling a tadge sore today. I won't bore you with gruesome pix but I had a BCC (not nice thingy) removed from my eyelid yesterday. The surgeon was marvelous, I'm glad it's gone but I'm sporting a lovely black eye today and I don't look my best. No work until tomorrow so I thought I would cheer myself up in the craftroom with the Vintage Journey challenge where Jenny from Pushing the Right Buttons has challenged us to make something Tim styled using textures. I decided to make a door hanging for the Craftroom, and as Hubby always asks if I'm off to 'play' that's the theme going on!
I painted the door hanging first with DS and then cut some manilla card to size. The layers are thus:
* I stamped randomly with some Tim stamps but they are covered over now and added some pieces of tissue tape.
* I inked and stencilled with a harlequin background stamp and stencil in DI's  
then I poured clear embossing powder over some of the images. 
* Next I layed the Clock stencil over the top and used Cosmic clear embossing paste over the top and before it was dry I sprinkled DG over the top. When I had brushed off some of the DG the background peeped through.
*Then I found a Time stamp which fitted over one of the clock shapes perfectly.
* Next I used an old clock face, a metal clog that I distressed with DP  and a Shrink Plastic clog that got the same treatment and hot glue gunned them into place.
* The 'Play' was die cut from a decorative strip die and placed over a piece of hesssian.
*The 'spend some time with me'  coin I coloured with alcohol ink.
* The little blackboard was a freebie from a magazine so I added a chalk effect 'Barb's' on top!
* Oh, and I mustn't forget the numbered rub-ons.
Quite a few Tim techniques here, but I guess the main one that is relevant to the challenge is to use embossing past through the stencil. See Tim's how to here.
Off now to 'play '-  oh life is so hard sometimes!!!