Friday, 25 November 2011

Sunday Stampers week 181. Frosty the Snowman.

Morning peeps, just getting this entry on in the nick of time! I start with such good intentions and the minutes the hours the days just fly by - oh to have a whole day playing. However, at least I have done Frosty the Snowman. I so love this time of year!
snowman tag
After distressing the background with tumbled glass and broken china  I used part of a stamp I have had in my stash for many years by Stamps Happen Inc.. Then I restamped it on the same background on a spare piece of manilla and bleached out the snowmans body leaving some shading around the edge. I also cut out another cat and adhered both to the main image with sticky pads to give some depth. I used sakura and copic pens to colour Frosty's  nose and to bring shading to his scarf and hat. The tree was also coloured with a copic pen and then I added glitter to the star with a glue pen. The snowflakes on the bottom of the tag were made with Martha Stewart punches and the resulting waste snowflakes added to the sky with some punched blue ones. The big flake on the top was a wooden die cut painted with snow cap acrylic and glittered over. Well, off to work now, please be lovely angels and grant me the wish of time to play this weekend! xx

Thursday, 17 November 2011

Sunday Stamper:180, The trail of the lonesome pine.

I have had a busy week, but so wanted to do this weeks Sunday Stamper challenge. I am getting in a Christmasy mood, must be the cards I am trying to get on top of. It felt good to do a tag, I so hope Tim is going to do his 12 tags again this year. 

xmas pine 004
Am having trouble getting a good picture, so hope this is clear enough. I used Forest Moss, Pine Needles and Evergreen Bough on my craft mat and swiped the tag across. Then I edged it with Walnut stain. I stamped some pine trees in the same colours and then vagabonded a pine tree in glossy card so that it would take the Pine Needles ink in a different way. Then I used white acrylic paint to spray a snow fall and white glitter accent on the tree. Taking a piece of script stamped vellum paper I tore off  a piece at the bottom of the tag and puched out a Martha Stewart snowflake edge, using the cut out snowflakes over the tag. Then on another piece of vellum I stamped the words Let it snow, which has not come out very clear on the photograph! Finally I added a wooden snowflake on the bottom, die cut a nestability snowflake for the top and added an Officially Winter medallion from Cats Life Press, tinting the paper and edge with the new distres ink, Evergreen Bough. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to do some more crafting, there are some lovely challenges out there at the moment. What an amazing Autumn we are having, but I will be old grumpy, and say I wish it was a tadge colder, it just does not feel right! Here's hoping dear Hels of the Sunday stamper is feeling better, and all the pine challenges cheer her up!

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Sunday Stampers 179 - The First Noel.

As I have been trying to get some of my Christmas cards made I thought I would enter one for the Sunday Stampers challenge. Then I thought in the spirit of bargain hunting, why not enter 2 get one free?

christmas 1 002

christmas 1 004="464" />

christmas 1 006

I usually buy a new set of stamps each Christmas but this year my pocket money has gone on two of Tim's new seasonal dies and the Spellbinders Poinsettia die, so I got out my much loved set of clarity stamps and used them in a different way this year. As you can see the two cards and tag have been given the same treatment. I used recycled brown card for the base, then I stamped a poinsettia in brushed corduroy distress  on the background. The base for the stamp was die cut from a very old sizzix die that I have had for years which was distressed with various brown DI's and then stamped with the Autumn gathered twigs DI. (As you can see DI's are my main stay!) I coloured away with my copic markers and used bleach for the white areas. Then for the first card I vagabonded (such English) my new holly die, coloured and then overstamped with a music sheet. The second card and the tag have a red poinsettia which was treated to aged mahogany distress stickles and a little gold dimensional paint in the centre. They feel very aged which I love, and very dimensional, which poses a problem! I realise that they may be hard to post, so I will have to make these for hand outs! I have completed  6 sets, so I must now get my thinking cap on for another set of cards. I am unable to concentrate on more than 6 at a time, then I want to do something different. Back to the drawing board! Have a good week everyone.