Sunday 10 July 2011

Sunday Stampers 162. Flight.

Hi peeps. Here is my entry for Hels Sunday stamper, which was anything that had wings basically. I guess this may be a bit of a cheat, as it has wings on it but is not a plane or a bird or a winged insect! In fact I am not quite happy this has a right balance, so if anyone wants to tell me how I could have composed it better I would be grateful!
sunday stampers flight
I took some 7 gypsies Conservatory paper and adhered it to a large square card. Then I painted gesso over the top and when dry added scrim and a square of muslin, which I machine sewed on. The edges were aged with walnut stain distress ink. A piece of the same range of paper was then rough torn and distressed using bundled sage and walnut inks. The young girl in the hat by Paperbag studios was black stamped on another piece of the paper, which is lovely as it is double sided, and distressed again with the same inks. The sentiment is by crescendoh and stamped on another scrap from the collection, but I did not feel happy with it hanging vertically so I cut up each word and adhered it to some sage green card. Her wings are grungeboard coloured with brown acrylic and distressed with gold viva paste, then heated to give slight dimension. Then I raided my button tin for each of the remaining corners.
I offer it up warts and all - do you think I should have layed it on a smaller card or had another coloured layer on the background?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, i really like your take on this weeks theme. I think the way you have offset the main image with wings works perfectly, everything balanced imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is Gorgeous Barb! Love the muslin, sweet image, stunning wings and quote!
    The composition looks good to me, the only thing i would of done differently would be perhaps, to put the buttons in clusters, but I'm no expert (and also a button-o-olic LOL!!)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the wings and I think it looks perfect as it is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this Barb, have you looked at it again because I think you have the composition just right... the balance is there... like I said... LOVE IT!!!!! The sentiment is perfect too! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. apologies for my late visit.. been on my holidays :O)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barb,

    I love the colours and the stamp you've used. As I was sorting through some of my things I came across a box with some of the cards you've made for me over the years ~ lovely stuff! I hope you have a good day ~ see you next week ~ love Haizi xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it and would not change a thing. If you want it to be different have another go with a slightly expanded colour palette...this is not a criticism. I like the colours chosen. Sometimes, like you, I think things can be improved...but adjustments don't tend to work.

    Thanks for your fun comments...so much appreciated.
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete