Friday 25 November 2011

Sunday Stampers week 181. Frosty the Snowman.

Morning peeps, just getting this entry on in the nick of time! I start with such good intentions and the minutes the hours the days just fly by - oh to have a whole day playing. However, at least I have done Frosty the Snowman. I so love this time of year!
snowman tag
After distressing the background with tumbled glass and broken china  I used part of a stamp I have had in my stash for many years by Stamps Happen Inc.. Then I restamped it on the same background on a spare piece of manilla and bleached out the snowmans body leaving some shading around the edge. I also cut out another cat and adhered both to the main image with sticky pads to give some depth. I used sakura and copic pens to colour Frosty's  nose and to bring shading to his scarf and hat. The tree was also coloured with a copic pen and then I added glitter to the star with a glue pen. The snowflakes on the bottom of the tag were made with Martha Stewart punches and the resulting waste snowflakes added to the sky with some punched blue ones. The big flake on the top was a wooden die cut painted with snow cap acrylic and glittered over. Well, off to work now, please be lovely angels and grant me the wish of time to play this weekend! xx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely! I love the snowman and the cat just sitting quietly together :o)

    Here's wishing you some play time, but not after you've had an afternoon with me! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWwwww, it is AlfieCat!!! Love that tag Barb, thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, I love the images and bleaching the snowman is a lovely touch. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. It is so unusual seeing snowmen from behind!
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete