Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sunday Stamper 201: Men

Well, it's official, I have finally lost them. My marbles that is. For those kind folk who look at my simples blog, you will know I am making a banner for the room  of stash that spells out my blog name and using the Sunday Stamper challenge for each piece of bunting. Well last week it was numbers and the second letter A of my name. So this week should have been an R right? However I glossy accented down another A so it is not in sequence, good job the pieces are threaded with a piece of string so that I can arrange them right!
sunday stamper men
To celebrate the fact that it is raining, hooray! my  garden so needed it - and also because I do not have many men stamps I have taken one of my favourite Stampotique men and placed him with the raindrops that are a small accent stamp that I thought I would never use! I have two small men with umberellas that I stamped either side in black archival, coloured him in with my new distress pens (aren't they awesome?) and gave him an umberella that is flying out of his hand. The background was made with brown and blue distress inks, the A (oh dear) added and then cog wheels die cut in black card around the edge. I added glossy accent raindrops but they haven't shown up too well in the photo. Have to say it was a bit of a struggle to think of an idea for this week, which is a good thing about taking part in this challenge. Have a lovely evening one and all, I shall be snuggling down to enjoy the Apprentice later, I'm hooked on it!! xx

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous, very clever using it's raining men. I've not used my Stampotique images for ages, I must get them out. Love the cogs on the outside edge too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant piece Baabaa (ooharharhar I couldn't resist that lol) LOVE your entry and cannot wait to see it once it is all done.... I am loving the Apprentice too... addicting telly eh? Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and brilliantly done !!
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Super Barb. Lots of elements to see and it certainly makes for interesting piece of art. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara, wow what a fab idea well done fabulous stamping.
    I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
    You have been making some fabulous tags and creations since I have been away
    well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this banner idea, your raindrops show up very well and the cogs are a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, the generic bird stamp on my blog is from 100 Proof Press, there is a link on my blog. You can order from them. Their prices are fantastic even with postage overseas. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara, I had to come by again once Imsaw your comment on my blog about the new yellow Distress Ink. Guess how long it took me to order them, yes you guessed it, all of two minutes and they were ordered lol. How bad or addicted am I. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete