I had to smile when I saw Hels Sunday Stamper challenge this week, she is so good at picking song titles! We are invited to use raised up techniques on our project. Now I have long been an admirer of Anna Dabrowska whose blog can be found here and some time ago she did a journal page using a Klimt image set against some embossed squares. So I decided to try for a background using some of her methods.
I used about ten different embossing folders on white card then inked them with distress inks and stains in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge and metallic stain Antiqued bronze. Then I chopped them up and stuck them down onto a piece of cardboard and went to work with Walnut Stain ink and my inking tool. I love my new Cecillia stamp by Chapel Road stamps and decided to use her but then the Simon and Garfunkle song kept drumming through my head and set the theme for the rest of the project. Here are two close-ups:
I stained an assortment of die cuts and flowers and bits and pieces from my stash in Black and the other colours I had already used. Then I put some black and white washy tape down alongside gingham ribbon. The broken heart is painted grungeboard and I used some scrim gathered up and painted amongst the flowers. There is a black diamonte scroll, black beads and gems, buttons and a wooden painted heart. Not sure now I am looking at it that I have placed things quite right, this layered look is not as easy as it seems! I am more pleased looking at it on my mantlepiece than at the photograph, the colours are much cleaner in real life. Hope to get back sooner next time, not sure where last week went! Cheers everyone. x