Thursday 21 March 2013

Tattered Floral Brooch Card.

I have left it very close to the end to enter Tim Holtz's Tattered floral Challenge but here in the nick of time is my offering. It is a small gift card for a dear friend who is a paper artist, with a detachable brooch to use on her denim jacket.
004

 I used the circle stamp from his Bitty Grunge set with Shaded Lilac distress ink around the background of the card. Then I swiped a piece of card across an assortment of blue and lilac distress inks and added interest with some more Bitty Grunge stamps. The denim pocket is from a car boot (Yard Sale) bargain from a little pair of jeans that yielded two pockets for 20p! Tne brush and pencils and sentiment are from my Studio 490 art stamps and the tattered floral was die cut from an assorment of jean and ticking material with a hessian and gauze flower thrown in for good measure. Then a button and a brooch back and there you go! What I am most pleased with is that the card still looks balanced when she removes the brooch. Off now to post it asap on Tim's challenge. Happy days everyone! x

7 comments:

  1. A real beauty Barb and I love that you made the flower into a brooch, such a clever idea. Great pocket too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, I love this, love the pocket and flower brooch - fab! Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you personalised your gift for your friend so well Barb. I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a gorgeous card, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning gift card, Barbara. I know your friend is going to love it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Barb...love the little pocket and such a clever idea to have the flower as a removable brooch...I bet your friend loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridal jewelry sets are worn to match each outfit. Brides look resplendent in their Indian bridal wear though all the pet houses jewelry worn is not necessarily pure gold.

    ReplyDelete