Saturday 9 April 2011

Sunday Stampers - Gold.

Sunday Stampers! Oh my goodness, only just in time! Manic week I'm afraid, never mind made it with some hours to spare. The challenge was to use Gold, harder than I thought.

Sunday stampers


I swished wild honey, scattered straw and rusty hinge inks on my craft mat and swiped the tag through until I got a good background colour. Then I embossed it with Tim's rays, wiped colour over again and then smeared gold viva paste at the edge and the almost sun shape. It looks far richer than the photo has shown. Tim's in flight stamp on grunge paper with black archival ink then smeared with the gold again. I then altered some feathers with the viva and attached them under the bird. Gold beads from my stash at the bottom and a faceted crystal with a toning bead and gold threads at the top attached with a trinket pin. Blinded by the light because the bird looks as if it has flown too near, hope his wings are not burnt!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, I like the way the bird pops off over the edge and the jewels that you have used at the top.
    Nice one!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I love this!!! Sorry am late getting to see you... busy weekend and all that! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper xx

    ReplyDelete