Sunday 29 May 2011

Play Date Cafe PDCC83

I couldn't resist taking part in the Play date cafe challenge this time. I love the splash of colour against black and white. Here is my card:
play date cafe
I stamped different pieces of assorted stamps in black versafine onto white card and punched out 15 squares. Well to be honest I punched out a whole load more and moved them about until I liked the effect. Then I coloured in 2 of the squares and added a matching paper flower with a crystal in the centre. I used spotted ribbon to make a horizontal border. Simples! I have used this layout before with different colours, originally got the inspiration from a serendipity project, which I think was in Craft Stamper some years ago. However the memory isn't what it used to be so apologies if I've got that wrong! I will end this post with best wishes to Sarah at the PDC for her future ventures.
Now off to try and activate the old mojo with some more creations, happy bank holiday everyone. x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Barbara, love the splash of colour, very effective. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collage of images and the wonderful splash of green! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've done little squares, a great mix of patterns. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis black and white checkered background is really cool; there are so many things to see. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each of those squares has a story of its own and I love looking at each one. Thank you for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete