Help! I wanted to kick start my mojo and so I have brought the new Tim Holtz die of the pine cone. Then I thought it would look good on an Autumn card for the sunday Stamper challenge. After half a dozen aborted tries I managed to make two that could resemble pine cones! (OK. So they may to a blind hedgehog in a paper bag). Can someone out there share their tips for making these? Is there a Tim video on it I have missed? Thanks!
I also used my recent aquisition of the limited edition Autumn ink pads from Tim - mixing them in with an assortment of his other colours. The Large leaves are from the tattered leaves die which were splodged in any ink I had left on the mat after colouring the layers of card. The sentiment is from Elusive images Autumn set and I used another on shrink plastic under the cones. The backberry is made from glass beads on a small base. I drew some veins on the leaves with a sakura pen.
I have to say the cones are giving me hysterics, they so don't look right. Mind you I couldn't make a rose until Hels (she of the sunday Stamper fame!) showed me the right way. I put it down to my age - as you do!