Friday 27 January 2012

Sunday Stamper No:189. My Eyes Adored You.

I recently watched again one my fav. movies, 'The Bridges of Madison County.' I wondered then if I could put together something for Hel's challenge  inspired by the film. Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood certainly acted as if their eyes adored each other!

 
Sunday stamper, My Eyes Adored You.
After watching the film I decided to try to put  pieces together that a lover might have kept in a treasure box. The background paper was in my stash and I over stamped it with paperbag studio stamps and words from Tim's collection which I faded out with picket fence stain. Then an image of a woman from paperbag studio's that reminded me of an old photograph of my Mum. The piece of letter in front of blue ribbon was from my stash and I crumpled and aged it with distress ink. The pressed flower was in my garden last year and the locket was a cheapie that I brought in a sale 'just incase I needed it'. The photographs were from a cd of vintage ephemera that I recently became re-aquainted with that seemed to fit the bill! If there is anyone out there who has never seen the film, (!)  grab a box of tissues and enjoy. x

5 comments:

  1. wow Barb this is stunning... Bridges of Madison County... makes me blub everytime... the book is amazing too... did you read it ever? Have got the sequel too... am a sucker for a love story (plus Clint ain't difficult to look at lol)
    Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats absolutely gorgeous Barb, a really rich beautiful vintage look and such fab details
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love your dried flower , such a lovely touch and the locket is gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoooo, I love all the elements you have used...that sweet little locket, the crumpled letter and pressed flower are fabulous touches!! Beautiful work Barb!
    ..and I dont recall ever watching that film....sounds like my cuppa tea though...
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb, I loved that movie and always remember researching the true story. Beautiful elements, the locket is such a nice touch, the dried flower from your garden is perfect ~ how lovely to have such a stash of goodies to play with. Happy crafting! Haizi xx

    ReplyDelete