Friday 11 January 2013

Playing with Craft Stamper

 
Morning all. Work is very quiet at the moment and as I am self-employed it means I have a day at home! It is my lovely Jenni's birthday tomorrow and she and her hubby and son are flying off to try and get some skiing in. Not sure if Ryder will let her do much but they will enjoy the snow! She is having her family birthday today and so I am posting her card and two others that I was inspired to do by one of the projects in this months Craft Stamper magazine.
 

005
I brayered on some lime green Dylusion ink, found a vintage image of cyclists (Jenni and Kevin are keen cyclists) used a Paper bag studio diamond stamp in Walnut stain, brown spotted ribbon and a coloured wooden heart and a sideways spray stamp. Hope she likes it, she has been told not to look until later!
 
002
The next one I used hot pink ink, a crecendoH circle stamp for the background, a Paper Bag Studio negative image and incident stamp of the edge of a photograph from the same set, lime green spotted ribbon and some punched circles. The words are from Tim's chit chat stickers.
 
003
The third one I am not so sure about. I like what I have used but think perhaps the card is a bit heavy What do you think? The background is brayered turquiose Dylusion ink again with a Tim background stamp in Walnut Stain.The measure is a Tim stamp, as is the ruler. The sentiment was cut from an East of India garland set, then the numbers were Paper Bag Studio and gingham ribbon and a punched circle to finish. I offer it, warts and all. Well that was a lovely morning playing, guess I had better be good and do some H work! x

5 comments:

  1. Love your cards Barb, I haven't had a chance to try a project from my Craft Stamper mags for a few months now, even though I have some earmarked! Love the colours you've used in all three, I don't think the last card is too heavy, love Tim's stamps! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful cards in great colors. Love all the bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are all lovely Barb, I really like how you brayered the backgrounds, have never thought to do that with Dylusions so that's a new technique for me to try! I don't think the last one is too heavy at all. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there I am so excited I found your site, I really found
    you by accident, while I was looking on Yahoo
    for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say
    cheers for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog followers buy twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the cards you've made using the technique I did for Craft Stamper x

    ReplyDelete