Monday 24 September 2012

Sunday Stampers: Masks.

I am nearly at the end of my banner of Sunday Stamper challenges. Just one more to go and then I shall have to figure out how to photograph it and then I shall have to figure out how to hang it in said craft room! It is quite difficult trying to get something balanced in the triangle shape, I much prefer to do tags, having said that this was a good challenge this week and I wasted a few pennants until I hit on this one. I used Dylusion inks in the background and then stamped Dina Wakley's lady stamp in black archival, then stamped her again on some spare card to cut out for the MASK. Then I was able to use one of Tim's mini grunge stamps in Pickled Raspberry distress around the right side and his sun rays in rusty hinge distress to her left over the mask without getting her all messed up!
 

006
The 'mirror frame' was from Tim's new mini stamp set and I used black embossing powder on it and coloured the center with silver acrylic dabber before adding her head. The words were from my stash, I mean a girl can't look beautiful all the time can she?  Then I realised that I had put always and almost  the wrong way round, but on reflection (get it?) perhaps that is a better saying! The roses were sprayed with Dylusion ink and the O is grunge board with silver dabber on. I wanted to use a figure towards the end of the banner to balance up with the start, hopefully it will all work out when I post it next week!

9 comments:

  1. Love love lovetty love this... totes gorgeous hun. Thanks for asking about the old war wound... tis so bad at the moment, all crunchy when I move.... goodness knows what I have done, think it could be another disc gone :O( Anyways... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper, cannot wait to see your finished banner xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the creative banners you've made. I think you could display them by making a garland with them. You could use ribbon or some kind of cording and attach the banners to it with clothespins. Just a thought! Anyway, almost a week and a half ago I posted on my blog a photograph of the beautiful Beryl Cook prints you mailed me. I have a thank you note for you, but haven't had a chance to make it to the post office. Sorry! May your week be filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pink!!...can't wait to see all your beautiful banners photographed together...they will look stunning Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabu,ouslt stamped bunting. Love the little cameo in the corner and your flowers are gorgeous. Cannot wait to see them all together. Hope you and your family are well Barbara and thank you so much for always leaving such lovely comments on my blog, I do appreciate them. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's another beautifull banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this banner idea & look forward to seeing the whole thing in its glory! Great pink colour, so fresh & vibrant. Lovely flowers. Sx

    ReplyDelete