Wednesday 22 January 2014

A pair of one hue!

I've been playing this morning as I don't have to go to work until this afternoon. I had some spraying residue on a piece of paper that wouldn't go on a card but nicely cut into two tags. So I decided to try and limit my pallette to shades of green - a bit of a challenge for me!
 

003
I used the dot fade over the spray remnants and then added some little pieces of script. Looking through my stamps I suddenly realised that two stamps from PaperBag studios went together although they come from different sheets. I stamped in black archival and water coloured with my DM's in various shades of green. Then I got out my latest fun thing to do and made  two  green Buckram flowers and found some stamens that I have had for ages. The little daisy single flowers had yellow centers painted on and then feeling that the lovely greens from the distressed range have a Spring feeling I found two sentiments from my stash and using clear shrink plastic added them to the tags. The ribbons at the top were coloured using a mop up technique from all the inks I was using. I enjoyed making a pair of tags, must try it again sometime! Hope you are having a good week, love and thanks to all of you who have been kind enough to follow my blog and leave such lovely comments, I love reading them. X

7 comments:

  1. I love the colour palette you have used and the two tags together are a real wow.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love those shades of green and your flowers are stunning. The images of the children are beautiful too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags... Love the green & the images are beautiful...I adore those flowers...Fabulous work... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love the shades you've used...fab images! Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love EVERYTHING about these tags! The flowers, imagery and simple color scheme are all in perfect harmony in both designs. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are stunning...beautiful spring time tags Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags Barb ... love your style!

    Thanks for your comment on the tags ... I've changed the wording a bit if you want to check I've now got it right. Also, got loads more to share on Love Stitching Red (just playing with the photos but it takes ages!!) ... lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete