One of my New Years Resolutions is to keep up more often with Hel's lovely challenge as towards the end of last year I got very remiss! When I peeped this morning I just felt like making a 'pretty tag' and Ultraviolet seemed a good place to start! I have hunted down some Buckram at my local Dunelm shop as I have wanted to make some flowers out of it. American blogs call it Crinoline and on Tammy Tutterow's blog and you can find a wonderful blog tutorial here. So I die cut tattered flowers and sprayed with Dylusions ink in blues and purple and I love the way they dry and can be moulded. Here is the tag I made around the rose.
First I swooshed a tag through Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord and Brushed Pewter DI and DP. Then I overstamped The Papillion background from Tim's set that I use very often in Archival Watering Can and ripped up a piece of lilac lace and adhered it down the side. The greenery is sprayed with two dylusion greens and is also cut from the Buckram and dries really dimensionally. The Jofy stamp was lightly brushed with Milled Lavender and stamped with Archival Watering Can, the circles painted with LuminAire Bougainvillia and then framed with a cut out embossed tag folder that I found free in a craft magazine a few months ago which I highlighted with Seedless Preserves. I sprayed the whole tag lightly with some glitter spray and found a delicate piece of yarn for the top.
This is for my friend Sally who will get a surprise in the post this week, so look out for the postman love! Nearly completed my Tim tag, so will post again soon. Thanks for looking! x