Sunday 23 March 2014

A Vintage Journey: week 2.

Gosh look at this, second blog of the day! Here is my offering for the second week of A Vintage Journey a fabulous new challenge which features all that is the man Tim! This fortnight the challenge is to 'Say it with words' using anything you like in the style of Tim Holtz.
I'm in a roll again with tags, so this week I used a Prima tag mainly because I love the size which isn't quite as massive as a #12 manilla but a bit bigger than a #8!
 
 

010
I flicked and swished Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen DI on the background and then using the new Lattice stencil I went over it with more Frayed burlap. Next I inked the edges with Walnut Stain and then Black Soot to bring the tag in. I used my new Honeycomb Framelit over some patterned vellum and then cut out again with palin which CS. Taking some of the insets I used word rub-ons which fit perfectly and stained the edges with Ripe Persimmon and Black Soot, then inserted them into some of the spaces. Next I die cut (using my vagabond of course!) 'words' from word play and used Tims technique of shadowing each letter with plain black CS as he showed us once on a Christmas tag. The tattered floral was cut from various Tim papers and then I used my new Spring Greenery decorative strip which I coloured with Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn DS. The butterflies are cut from book paper and the centers are ideology clock hands. Stained crinkle ribbon and a wooden button complete the Tim tag. Thank you to Country View Crafts who are giving a Ten pound voucher to one lucky participant!
I may wash my  inky fingers and have a little sewing spree now, who knows, I may get three posts on in one day! Thanks for looking. x

6 comments:

  1. Nice colour & texture mix. Lots of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barb, you have packed loads of Tim's wonderful products into your beautiful tag! I love the new Honeycomb Framelit too and love how you used the Remnant Rubs with it, the butterflies look lovely with their clock hand bodies and the lattice stencil in the background is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in our 'Say it with Words' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used the Remnant Rubs with the Frameworks - so clever - and the WordPlay letters look so cool with that shading. Fabulous tag! Thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been having great fun and what a fabulous tag as a result. Thanks for bringing it on A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag!! Love how you altered a Prima tag (yes they are a super size), and made it so totally Tim style! Great colours and use of those different elements. Love the words inside the Frameworks! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey!!

    ReplyDelete