Sunday 23 March 2014

Tim's tags for March

I love Tim's tags this month with the shadow stamping technique. Makes me realise how much ink I must wipe off in the course of a crafting  session! To see how Tim has done it please click here and enjoy! I did not have the appropriate stamp set but loved the look, so have done my best with what I had in my stash.
 
003
I used antiuqe linen DI  on the background, a feather stamp I have had for ages and Tim's blueprint Easter set for the nest. The egg was a challenge, so I cut out an oval shape for a stencil and used weathered wood DI watered down on my craft sheet and then used a portion of his bitty grunge slodge stamp for the pattern on the egg. I did not have anything that I could use for the 'fig' words so I stamped a nature found tag on the side. I love the colours of his distress blues against the muted browns and was glad I could even colour the ribbon at the top with one paler than the other just by misting the ribbon with more water. Great tag Tim, thank you for the inspiration.
It is hailing fit to burst at the moment so I am going to enjoy a Sunday playing with the heating on!
Love to all, thanks for looking. x

7 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful take on Tim's march tag. Love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tags, especially the one on the left. I'm especially impressed with the gorgeous stenciled egg that you created. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 'adapt and overcome' tag Barb, it is beautiful and well done for making a fabulous job of the eggs too. Love this! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Barbara. I am very impressed with your egg and I love your peacock feather :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous interpretation of Tim's tag, your images and colours have worked so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab take on Tim's tag, great work -Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete